Portable Appliance Testing
The course is designed to provide an awareness of the legal requirements for portable appliance testing and to provide practical portable appliance testing experience.
Delegates who attend will:
- Appreciate the legal requirements for PAT testing
- Be able to determine the frequency of tests and inspections
- Be able to carry out PAT testing
- Legal requirements under the Electricity at Work Regulations and other legislation.
- Definition of terms
- Determining frequency of tests and inspection
- Importance of earthing
- Importance of record keeping
- Labelling of tested equipment
- Visual inspection of appliances and and extension leads
- Determining class and construction of equipment
- Electrical testing of portable appliances and leads through practical PAT exercises
Note A Kewtech PAT tester will be used during the course but delegates are welcome to bring their own PAT testing equipment.
Duration 1 day