Asbestos Awareness Refresher training
In line with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, this course provides the basis for compliance with the duty to ensure annual refresher training is provided to all workers likely to come into contact with Asbestos.
- The program refreshes knowledge and understanding gained from the Asbestos Awareness programme and includes:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
Classroom/Site based tutorial
Prerequisites: Asbestos Awareness Certification
Progression: In line with HSE guidance, refresher training is required annually. Workers who plan to carry out work that will disturb asbestos require a higher level of training in addition to asbestos awareness. For further information please contact JCT.
Course Duration: 1.5 hours